Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Right Under The Teacher's Nose!

Sitting in the front of a room is out of my comfort zone. When I walk into a room I like to sit in the back or side of the room. I guess a Psychologist could do an analysis on that and tell me why. For me, it has to do with “Blending.” I’m a person who does not like to stand out in a crowd.

Two out of three of my children in the past wind up with their seat assignment “Right under the teacher’s nose”. During my initial visit to Sam’s classroom at the beginning of the year two weeks ago, I noticed the teacher had Sam in the second row on the end. I was pleased to see Sam making a progression toward the middle of the room (where his mama likes to sit!) As I entered Sam’s classroom last night for “Back to School Night”, I headed for Sam’s seat and someone was in it! The teacher directed me to Sam’s new seat…..first row… next to the teacher’s desk! That would have been my very last choice for seats! To make matters worse, since the desks and seats are small I felt like a giant sitting in the front of the class!

With each new school year come steps towards independent learning and reasoning. A good teacher will gently push the students as far as they can go, taking them at times out of their comfort zone. Sam’s teacher is delightful and I can tell she will attempt (with God’s help) to do all of the above!

Being out of my comfort zone is a place I wind up from time to time. Like most, familiar ground is preferred, but it is in those times of life when I’m feeling exposed and vulnerable that God steps in and reveals Himself, pushing me to higher grounds! God uses these times in my life to show His faithfulness and presence.

I pray our children see God in the process of learning as their minds are challenged to achieve academic excellence. May they see the need for Jesus in their lives to achieve Spiritual excellence that often takes them out of their comfort zone!

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

“It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.” Psalm 18:32-33.

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,

Debbie

No comments: