Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Now What Do I Do?

For someone who does not watch more then @ five minutes of TV a day to get the local weather, this gal has been TV binging for the last month! First it was the Olympics. My kids and I watched most nights sometimes staying up until midnight! We cheered our hearts out for the USA!! Since all three kids were on the swim team this year, the swimming was so exciting for us to watch, and Michael Phelps was amazing!! Hearing Michael’s story told by his mom was precious, as I have a son much like Michael in his personality.

There were some sports we enjoyed more then others, but one thing is for sure….. those athletes rocked, and we were so proud of our country!!!!! Every night my six year old would say to me “Mommy, tell me who we are routing for!”

After the Olympics came tennis. During the US Open every year I tell my family “This is all about me for two weeks!” I watch as much tennis as I can, especially at night. Most nights everyone sits and watches with me. I think they all get a kick out of how pumped up I get over the game! Earlier this week was the women’s finals, and what a show Serena Williams provided for the fans of New York! One of the best matches I have ever seen. Serena has winning skills like no one else. Finally, Federer took the men’s championship, of course. The match was predictable, and….good for Roger!

So, now what do I do? The olympics are over, tennis is over, and I’m in the habit of staying up late and watching TV! Thank goodness Sarah Palin has come along, now I can follow that amazing woman!

In reality, I need to buckle down and start reading more and working on a fall Bible study. Although I will miss the summer fun, my soul needs nourishing and now is a good time to get started!

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path”. Psalm 119:105

Sweet dreams and blessings,

Debbie

No comments: