Monday, September 15, 2008

An Answered Prayer

My life is beyond blessed in so many ways, I have a difficult time asking God for things. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ.” Philippians 4:6-7

"Pray without ceasing". I Thessalonians 5:17. Praying for others is a privilege and a commitment I do not take lightly. It is an honor to bring those I know and love as well as others “boldly before the thrown of grace”, asking God to intervene and reveal His perfect will. However, sometimes God chooses to not answer our prayers the way we would hope and pray. We need to accept whatever it is that God has for us. From life experience I can tell you that God sees a much bigger picture then what our eyes can see. He will not withhold any good thing from those who walk with Him and abide in Him. So what is good? GOD IS GOOD!! VERY GOOD!!

Recently our finances have become tight in a way I have not experienced. Lots of changes needed to take place, cutting corners and costs wherever possible.

A Women’s conference was in town this past weekend. Typically this is a difficult time of year for me to get away with school starting up and sports. For the last several years I have declined, knowing I needed and wanted to tend to my family.

The day the conference started my heart was heavy to go. I spoke to my girlfriend and could have asked her to try and see if there was an extra ticket, but I chose to pray and just let the Lord take care of it if He wanted me to go. “Lord, I would really love to go to the conference this weekend. If you want me to go, please have someone call me with a ticket”. I knew if anyone would call it would be someone who doesn’t know me very well, because those close to me know I would most likely say NO.

God used a very dear friend of mine, a steadfast friend, who loves Jesus, and He spoke to her heart. A ticket was available. I was thankful and thrilled. I immediately called my other girlfriend to tell her I was going. “No Way” were her words, “Where are you sitting?” Gosh I hadn’t thought of that and it didn’t really matter although I would have liked to sit near my buddies. Before I knew it yet another ticket was obtained for me, this time in the box suite with my girlfriends! The humbling part? It was free!

Thank you to all my girlfriends (you know who you are) for allowing God to work through you to bless someone who needed a day off to worship, honor, and soak in the love of Jesus!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

KelliGirl said...

Deb,
I'm so thankful to have shared the weekend with you. Occasionally we experience God's glory in huge ways, but more often He's present in the small details. When we pause to notice how amazing and marvelous God is with the little details of our life, we realize He is a Father who loves each of us intimately and personally.

Love you,
Kelli