Wednesday, October 29, 2008

World Series Championships 2008

Like every other non-baseball loving person, I waited until the Phillies made it to the championships before I gave them the time of day. In the fall I want to talk football and soccer, not baseball!

The academy where my kids attend kept having “Phillies Day”, and of course I had nothing for them to wear other then the color red. Finally one of my girlfriends called me and told me she was sending extra Phillies shirts for my kids to wear “Great, thanks!”

My kids picked their shirts based on the style and size that suited them, not the name, we didn’t know any of them!

The first time I watched the games with my boys, I tried to explain the rules of the game and it felt like me trying to explain the English language to them. Some rules just don’t make any sense!

Through it all, fighting against elements that would send a mailman running, the Phillies pulled the championship off for themselves tonight! The Philadelphia fans were rocking the stadium and when the final Rays batter struck out clinching the win, the place went wild! Of course me being for the underdog felt badly for the other team. Not that I wanted us to loose, but I can’t imagine how sad Tampa Bay must feel. Oh well, I’ll get over it!

As with any team there are clearly certain players everyone counts on to “Bring it home!”, yet without everyone working hard together as a team there is no team!

Growing up my dad wanted me to be in the band so that is what I did instead of sports. In my adult life I’ve come to realize that I was born for sports and love it. Having the privilege of learning the game of tennis and playing competitively has taught me so much about sportsmanship that I did not learn growing up. Believe it or not, grown women can get quite fired up on the tennis court. It astounds me when I see it. No one likes to win a tennis match more then me, but if you can’t go out there and have fun while being competitive, in my humble opinion, you don’t belong out there!!

Congratulations Phillies!!!!!!

Sweet Dreams,

Debbie

1 comment:

maestro said...

Enjoyed reading your post about the Phillies. The championship makes me want to be there to celebrate with all of you!