Thursday, October 16, 2008

Moms In Touch

Making a commitment to be somewhere mid afternoon on a weekly basis is difficult for me. I have lots of excuses to justify that statement but none of which sounds like a good one. The fact of the matter is I’m a morning person and I prefer to get all my business done then. Once I’ve started my day it’s hard to switch gears.

For years I’ve been invited to a Moms In Touch prayer group. When the kids were young it was during nap time, and for the last few years it was when I needed to go pick up the kids from school. Now that they all ride the bus I have more free time then before. I made a committment to God that I was going to follow through with getting together with women on a weekly basis to pray for my children.

Praying is something I try to sit and do everyday, or at the very least in the shower! As someone comes to mind during the day, I pray and ask the Lord to bless them or pray specifically for their circumstances. I pray with my children at night and at meals, but I must say, there are times when the same prayer is prayed due to total exhaustion at the end of the day!

“Where two or more are gathered in My name, there I am in the midst of them” Matthew 18:20

There are not many of us if we’re honest that will claim to have it all together when it comes to our prayer lives, it can seem very abstract and confusing as to what to do and how to do it.

Sitting with a group of women who have come together to share the treasures of their heart, their children, is a blessing! It is not a social time to “catch up” but a time to lift our guys and dolls to Jesus and ask Him to teach them, guide them, and to see the need for Him in their lives. Each week we choose only one child to pray specifically for. Those who know me well know I am not a crier (especially in movies (ha!)) but when I’m praying for my children, the floodgates just open up, I’m so humbled that we have such an awesome God who loves us and loves our children even more then we do!! That’s just amazing!

“Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord…Lift up your hands toward Him for the lives of your children.” Lamentations 2:19

www.momsintouch.org

"Praying for our children is a noble task. If what we are doing, in this fast-paced society, is taking us away from prayer time for our children, we're doing too much. There is nothing more special, more precious than time that a parent spends struggling and pondering with God on behalf of a child" Max Lucado

Sweet Dreams and Blessings,

Debbie

No comments: