Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pooped Out!

This morning I woke up with a good night’s sleep under my belt which makes me feel ready to tackle the day! I had enough time to let the dog out and jump on the stair stepper for a workout before waking all the little people up in the house. As I approached the kitchen I caught a whiff of dog poop. Ice (our black lab) was in his crate crying. He obviously had an intestinal problem and then laid in it (YUCK!). No problem, I took him outside and hosed him off enough until I could give him a bath, then took the crate outside until I had time to tend to it. I worked out for a little while then started the beginning preparations of breakfast.

Once the kids were up I had my coffee in hand ready to help especially the boys. Being on a schedule to catch the bus, we need to move along at a certain pace. As I was helping Sam get a shirt on he accidentally poked me in the eye with his fingers which really hurt. After that I went into Zachary’s room, and as I was helping him on with a sweatshirt, he accidentally punched me in the mouth (UGH!).

Feeling a little “beat up” we all headed downstairs to one of my favorite parts of the day. BEING THE SHORT ORDER COOK! I love whipping up whatever my guys and doll want for breakfast. Once the bus comes and they leave for the day, my kitchen looks like a bulldozer went through it. I don’t mind, as I recall all the special requests of the morning, and all the different ways I made the eggs! Sending them off with a full belly, a prayer, and a hug from their mommy is such a blessing.

It came time to tend to the dog. First of all, he’s not tops on my list right now as he has been eating my mum plants and stealing my gourds and playing with them around the yard like they are his balls. In addition he has ruined my decorative pillows on the bench. Setting that all aside, I bathed him and the crate, only to realize that he still stunk and so did the crate. After his second bath as well as the crate, I was hopeful I got it all.

Time for my devotions, reading the Bible and praying. Having a good night’s sleep, and having a devotional time with God makes all the difference in a good day! “To choose life is to love the LORD your God, obey Him, and stay close to Him” Deut. 30:20

After a brief call to our orthopedic surgeon who will see Zachary tomorrow and an unofficial diagnosis of a growth plate fracture, I ran into Sam’s room to check on Charlie the parakeet that was flying around Sam’s room! He had escaped from his cage for the second day in a row! I don’t do parakeets, so I closed the door and let the bird fly around Sam’s room all day. Finally, I left to go meet my mom at Barnes and Noble to work on our “Special Project”.

When the kids arrived home, it was time for them to do their homework, chores, then off for Tuesday afternoon apple picking! Emeline’s chore was to clean five dog poops off the lawn. Apparently Sam stepped in one of the poops and brought it into my car. Not only did he have dog poop on him, it was now in the car as well. I must say at this point I had utterly had it with dog poop, I spend a good part of the day feeling nauseous and I didn’t want to smell it anymore!!!

We finally got everything cleaned up, and by the way Charlie is back in his cage!

At this late hour, I’m feeling all POOPED OUT!!

Sweet Dreams and Blessings,

Debbie

No comments: