Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Daily Prayer

Christmas seems like it was at least a month ago. The kids have been home for over two weeks. The house was a mess and there was urine all over the toilets from little boys with terrible aim! The toppling Christmas tree two days before Christmas broke many of our fragile baby ornaments (sniff). I suppose many moms would be thrilled their little people are going back to school tomorrow and they can have time to themselves, but I’m sad. Yes, I love having the kids home. All my “Debbie” time gladly goes on hold and I’m a 24/7 mom and short order cook!

Having three children so close in age has been a challenge at times, but they are getting to the age where they are so much fun! Although the weather was cold and windy we managed to get out once a day for fresh air and exercise! It doesn’t matter how they go, just as long as they go! Often we would have a friend along for the ride. We loved all the friends who visited us over the break. Dozens of homemade chocolate chip cookies were consumed!

As we rung in the New Year my heart was thankful that I have all my family. No family is perfect, in fact we’re all dysfunctional but that just makes us all normal! I am grateful to have so many in my life who have known me for years and love me just the way I am.

As I look back over 2008 there was a lot of trials for me and many I know. So much changed and yet most is really the same. When God is in charge of your life there is a consistency, stability, and steadfastness that remains undeniable. The storms come and shift the sand around but the Rock doesn’t move. My perspective has changed a great deal along with the lens I view this world. Being a work in progress is hard sometimes but as Christians we have no choice. God will continue to refine us as long as we breathe here on earth.

Although I’m not ready to send my kids back to school tomorrow I know they must go, life goes on, and my journey as Debbie, child of God continues! WOW! Scary, but fun!!

In closing I wanted to share something I read by Max Lucado that has become a daily prayer for me.

“Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.” AMEN!

Sweet dreams and blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

KelliGirl said...

Debbie,
Thanks for your honesty and authenticity. Despite the many challenges you've had lately, you exhibit such grace. The light of Jesus shines through you so beautifully.

Love you,
Kelli