Sunday, July 6, 2008

For Such A Time As This


Many of us are getting ready or have already sent our beloved little people away for camp. Some go to day camp, others sleep away camp. IF your child is ready, camp is a life changing blast!!

Many years before I was born (YIKES!) my mother vacationed at Camp-of-the-Woods, a Christian family camp and has become our favorite time away!! What makes it so special? Do I dare say everything except the food? Even the food isn’t half bad for, well, camp (I’m picky)! The camp sits on a beautiful lake which can’t help bring peace to the soul. The activities are for any and all ages keeping everyone as busy (or not) as you want. Tennis (my favorite), swimming, canoeing, zip line, gym, miniature golf, carnival, arts and crafts, water skiing, fishing, campfires, just to mention a few. Believe it or not, with all the exciting activities, my children could be found most of the time catching frogs in the pond!

In years past we go to camp with many of my family members but this year we went just us five.

We were so amazingly blessed with all the new people we met and got to know, as well as time spent with Emeline, Samuel and Zachary.

I’m a guarded person when it comes to new friends. Not for any other reason then my life is quite full with my current family and friends. My children keep me so busy I don’t have much time for socializing. Last week I met several women of various ages I wish could be my next door neighbor (really!) A few were moms whom we shared a lot in common with our lives and challenges. One sweet woman had wisdom and grace just pouring out of her, I wanted to sit all day in her presence and listen to her share life experiences. Then there was my “tennis buddy”. I knew when I met her we would do well on the court together. In fact we won the woman’s doubles tournament!! The reward was a hot fudge sundae (doesn’t get much better then that!). She was just like me. Has a love for the game, competitive spirit, but enjoys lots of laughs along the way!!

The best part of the week was the chapel services each day. The speaker encouraged us to have a more intimate relationship with God. Not easy to do, but ALL things are possible with Him!!

I’m not typically a sad person, but as the week at camp came to a close I was so very sad to say good-bye to all my new friends. Of course it would be wonderful if we all meet again, but the beauty of knowing Jesus is the assurance we will one day be together in eternity. For now, I’m just thankful God saw fit to bring us all together last week “For Such a Time as This”

http://www.camp-of-the-woods.org/ Check it out!!

Sweet Blessings,

Debbie

No comments: