Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pony Tails Rock!


What was I thinking? Here it is mid July and I have a new doo!! A short doo that needs doing!! I can no longer just throw my hair up in a pony for one, two, maybe three days! Sure, I take a shower every day, but my life with kids doesn’t tolerate primping time for me. No make up and pony tail is what I am comfortable with. Wearing a Nike baseball hat is practically a trademark for me but it looks silly without a pony hanging out the back! I now have to wash and blow dry my hair everyday. Today, I got the wash in but never made it to the blow dry part and had to walk around for hours with flat wavy hair pushed back in a headband. Not my look for sure. Do I sound annoyed with myself?

I’ve taken to networking, talking to different ladies with shorter hair. Seeking new ways to get the hair up when it’s hot for the pool, tennis and workout. Why didn’t I just wait until September? Now I’m admiring and envious of all the ladies I see out with Pony Tails, surely their life must be easier then mine. After all Pony Tails Rock!!

My daughter tells me she likes longer hair on me and my sweet brother told me I look older with my new doo! My mother expressed surprise that I would cut my hair.

There are times in our lives when we just make a big mistake. At first we try and excuse it but it’s right there staring at us in the face, we get up and have to look at our mistake everyday! To add insult to injury we often have to live with consequences like a stub for a pony tail!

Making a mistake can be humbling especially when it involves another person. Taking ownership for the mistake is critical. I recently had to apologize for a mistake I made. The process was uncomfortable but the fruit was peace and joy in my heart (priceless)

“Humble yourselves therefore under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time”. 1 Peter 5:6

Realistically speaking, I hope everyone knows that this hair thing is a bummer but “JUST HAIR”! I’m missing my pony tail terribly but it will grow back! I’m not crazy about my new doo, but its just fine for now, and the best part about this whole thing is I’m thankful that I have any hair at all!!

Sweet Dreams,

Debbie

No comments: