Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Sweet Birthday


Nine years ago at this time I was in as much pain as I could remember. After the text book fourteen hours of labor I delivered my first baby girl, natural and all!

I had been told by a doctor I would never be able to get pregnant or I would need a lot of help. After two miscarriages Emeline McKenzie Summer entered the world!

I had been working in New York and a confirmed corporate gal. During the pregnancy I was busy hunting for child care, the perfect place to take care of my baby. From the moment I set eyes on her I knew I would not be returning to the work place for awhile.

The day of Emeline’s ninth birthday was special from beginning to end. It started with blueberry pancakes and ended with surfing at the beach. With a creative mind she spent a good part of the day making jewelry. I sat beside her with my computer planning her scavenger hunt birthday party and we both enjoyed and sang to Hannah Montana. “I Miss You” is Emeline’s favorite song so we listened to that about forty times. I like it too!

Having a daughter is an incredible joy in my life. I love the person God has made Emeline. She is changing almost daily.

My prayer is for her to love the Lord her God with all her heart, mind, and soul. She sees the need for Jesus in her life, and for that I am so very humbled and
grateful.

Emeline’s favorite verse -“I will sleep in peace, for You alone oh Lord make me dwell in safety”. Psalm 4:8


I love you sweet Emeline!!!

Blessings,

Debbie

No comments: