Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God's Grace is Sufficient

Wanting to become a blogger for me has been a challenge to begin. My two concerns were, "What do I say?" and "Where do I find a decent picture of myself?" Moms are always the ones taking the pictures. Everyone wants to look good on their first blog, right? My blog will mostly be about my life as a woman married to an ADHD man and as a mom raising an ADD daughter (Emeline 8), an ADHD son (Sam 7) and a non ADD son so far (Zachary 5). I’m praying that as I share some of the challenges and successes that it will encourage other moms...and that it will help me too!

My life is challenging on a daily basis. There are many days I laugh hysterically and many days when I cry. I have been exposed to many resources to help my family and I believe God is leading me to reach out and share my life with other moms out there looking for a little encouragement along the way. I’ve often thought it would be great to know others who share my similar life circumstances. One thing I must say up front is that I choose to live life looking for the good in everything, that goes for both relationships and circumstances. The only person that can help me do this is God and lots of prayer. He never ceases to amaze me that He truly does guide and direct us if we ask Him.

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose” Romans 8:28

Sweet Blessings,
Debbie

7 comments:

KelliGirl said...

Deb,
I want to be the first one to leave a post! I am proud of you for taking this step of faith. God has given you so many gifts to share with others. And I pray that He continues to bless you, and others in return, through your blog.
You are a shining light to God's grace. You are more than OK. You're amazing!

Love ya'
Kelli

Sharon Sloan said...

Debbie: Congratulations on your new blog! Wow! It looks great! Hats off to Kelli, too! :) May God bless your endeavor to reach and fellowship with other ADD/ADHD moms and wives. Your family is precious and beautiful! And...they have already turned out all way beyond OK! Your cherubs are continually in my prayers and my thanksgiving to God! May He receive all the glory!
Love, hugs and prayers,
Sharon :)

Gina said...

You go girl! I look forward to hearing all that God is doing in your life. You are a wonderful woman and a great mom. It's amazing to see how He stretchs us to become more like Him with our own families. You are and will be such a great blessing to all who know and will come to know you through your fabulous writing and humble spirit!

Much love in Jesus,
Gina

Mommy5xs-J.Taylor said...

Deb,
I am so excited that you are blogging. I can't wait to see how God is working in your life and in your family's life too. Remember, "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men." You are a great friend.
Love ya,
Jen Taylor
Colossians 3:23

Stevo said...

Hey sweetheart,
I am really BLESSED with this. The greatest thing about this is your heart, and that you want to be used of the Lord to be an encouragement to others. I pray that through time the Lord will continue to bless this and unfold His Perfect will for you and our family.
Yes as an ADHD person:) I know that Gods grace needs to be great in those around me. Thank you For loving me the way I am. PS it is two days before Valentine's Day.
I Love you and am always excited to see what God Has next for us.

Love,
Your Husband

Kathy said...

Dear Debbie, Steve, Emeline, Sam, and Zachary,

Thank you for coming into my families life. You are such a warm and loving family. Debbie, you are an angel sent to me from God. I am so grateful for your friendship. Peace be with you.

Much love,
Kathy

bridget said...

Debbie,

For a long time now I have listened to you tell of your trials and tribulations while laughing hysterically on the other end of the phone. I wanted to be sensitive and supportive but couldn't stop laughing. I know God has blessed you with a great sense that there is hummor in the tragedy of life. Life is full of questions but never without humor. I am reminded of Rilke's line of "living the questions." Deb you are living the questions of life with grace and a good laugh. Keep writing. This is the first stop on the road to a stand-up comedy routine.

Love,

Bridget