Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Can't Keep Up!

Call it adult ADD, spring fever, senior moments, or just Too Much On My Plate, I can’t keep up! I’m the mom, I’m supposed to be holding it all together and I feel like I’m falling apart these last few weeks.

Once a teacher told me after spring break they "loose" the kids, they don’t want to work anymore! Any serious academic work must be complete before then. To top it off we have had mid summer weather which just fuels the outside activity over the top! Yesterday the kids came home and ran outside before I could catch them to do the normal homework and chores. Before I knew it they were in the stream catching critters, the hose was going, and newly caught bull frogs were jumping out of buckets!

During the school year my kids do not participate in any after school sports, only on the weekends. With the warmer weather here I stepped up the activities to include tennis then swim team, and flag football on the weekends. As it turns out Emeline has been asked to scrimmage with a travel soccer team (those gals can play soccer!), and Sam was asked to run for a track and field club. Fun right? Of course, but I’m only one person and can’t get everyone to where they need to go! Thank goodness for girlfriends and carpooling.

Normally, I’m an organized person managing to keep track of the schedule. So much is going on this last week I’m in a panic on a daily basis wondering if I forgot to take someone somewhere, or pick them up! Today I called school frantic asking them to pull Sam off the bus, he was supposed to be in carpool for a pick up to go to the T & F club, YIKES! Yesterday I was running late to meet the bus and the driver had to call me to find out my location, thankfully I was right down the street. That never looks good for a mom.

Tonight I took Emeline to Girl Scouts only to find out it was cancelled and I never got the message (ugh!). Liking the thought of going home, doing the dishes, getting some laundry done, and getting everyone and myself to bed early, what did we do? We threw caution to the wind and went to a local carnival, bought tickets for rides and had a blast!!

I’m as guilty as the kids wanting to go have fun, seizing the moment, gosh, they grow up so fast!! Dishes and laundry can wait for sure!

Blessings,

Debbie

No comments: