Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pass The Chips

How do these super moms do it? They have multiple children running in different directions with after school activities, managing to get a decent meal on the table in between piano lessons, soccer, lacrosse and most of them even look good!

During the school year my kids do not leave the home other then attending a small church on Wednesday nights. That one night of the week often leaves me feeling like I’ve been run over by a truck. Now with the warmer weather here and summer sports and camps gearing up we’re off and running every night! As if my kids don’t provide enough afternoon running for me Steve asked me to join a softball league…I don’t play softball! Really, I don’t! Seriously, the coach doesn’t know where to put me so he assigns me the catcher position. Since I can’t throw the ball very far I roll the ball back to the pitcher, who does that?

I’ve been trying to keep up with getting homework done, keeping the kids interested in school (a big task), feeding them a balanced diet just like any good mom would do…until tonight. I gave up.. I didn’t care that I had no idea what to have for dinner! As I loaded the boys in the car to go pick up Emeline from swim practice Zachary said “I’m hungry mommy, can I please have something to eat?” I went to the pantry, pulled out a big bucket of potato chips, jumped in the car, grabbed a handful for myself and passed the bucket around instructing everyone to share! Was it my preference? No, but for tonight, for this week, it will have to do.

Blessings,

Debbie

No comments: