Friday, January 1, 2010

God's Peace in 2010

January 1st is not a day when I make a lot of changes. Resolutions have not been “my thing”, it is the fall, September when the kids go back to school that I make any changes. Eating better (not so many sweets!), chores for the kids, schedule changes, new goals, always praying to bring peace and contentment on the home front. One thing I have learned over the years is to not overcommit myself. That never works for my family or me. I can tell when it is happening, I start to feel very anxious inside, and like I’m disappointing everyone around me.

As I look ahead into this New Year I see so many changes and potential changes coming for 2010. Most are good an exciting, some are unknown causing apprehension. I find in the times I am unsure I try to control and help the situation along…..after all, we all like to stay within the comfort zone of life with no boats rocking around us right?

With the New Year comes change whether we like it or not, and most of us don’t like change, it feels unsettling. As we reflect next year on this day will we have a smile on our face or sadness in our heart?

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27.

I am thankful God knows what each day will entail for me and my family…..He orders our steps. As I think of all the specific changes that will take place this year I know that God is with me and it is His faithfulness and peace that I can count on. As I wake up each day and commit my day to Him through prayer and reading the Bible, I know that no matter what changes come it will be o.k. my heart is at peace knowing God is in control.

My daily prayer for 2010: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. To these I will commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.

Happy New Year! May you find peace in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. I pray His light shines powerfully into your heart.

Sweet blessings to you and your families!

Debbie

No comments: